Skip to main content

Banana Lavender Raspberry Beer Bread

     






Banana's...
So great for you, but they change so quickly into mush, making it difficult to eat them by themselves.
In walks good ol' banana bread!  I had posted my Buttermilk Banana-Zucchini Bread before, but I wanted to try something different.  Wasn't digging the idea of something super sweet, so I opted for a spin on a general beer bread.  I don't usually have beer around, but today, I had a couple 12 oz. cans of Rübæus Raspberry Ale from a local brewery called Founder's located here in Detroit.


This is a beautiful, fruity ale that has become a local favorite of mine, and who doesn't like to support local businesses, right?
This makes 2- 9"x5" loaves.

Here are the items you'll need to gather:
  • 5 Mashed Bananas
  • 6 cups of Flour
  • 2 TBS Baking Powder 
  • 2 tsp Salt
  • 1 TBS Cinnamon
  • 2 TBS Dried Lavender Blossoms
  • 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
  • 2-12oz cans of Rübæus Raspberry Ale
  • 12 TBS Melted Butter
  • 4 Sprigs of Dried Lavender (optional)
You'll want to pre-heat your oven to 375F.  Oil two of your 9"x5" bread loaf pans- I like to use a butter-flavored cooking spray.  Mash up your bananas until smooth. Fold in dry ingredients and Lavender.
Add Vanilla, and slowly add beer. If you want the entire loaf to have a buttery flavor, mix the melted butter into the batter. If you like it only on the top, then split the batter between the two loaf pans, and pour the melted butter on top.  Place 2 Lavender Sprigs on top of each loaf and sprinkle with a pinch of Lavender blossoms.  Bake 55 minutes, and cool for 30 minutes.  
 
Isn't is beautiful? 
Take warm slice and slather it in butter and honey!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cupcake Poll!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

For my next cupcake experience, I'm having a HARD TIME CHOOSING between these 4 cuppers. You will see why. I'm totally feeling "fall-ish", and these cuppers have my taste buds reeling, so I'm enlisting your help. Which of the following do you think I should try? #1. Chocolate Chai Spice Cupcake #2. Fresh Pumpkin Cupcakes With White Chocolate Chunks And Cream Cheese Frosting #3. Caramel Apple Cupcakes #4. S’mores Cupcakes Can't wait to hear your choices!

Caramel Apple Goodness

OK, so, I made the Caramel Apple Cupcakes today and while they were REALLY good, I felt there could be some major changes to absolutely perfect this one. (see notes at the bottom) *Be sure to bake, cool, and stuff the cupcakes before starting the caramel. You want the cupcakes ready and waiting as soon as the caramel comes off the stove.  *Please note that you will need a candy thermometer for this recipe! Caramel Apple Cupcakes                          The Cupcake... 9 regular cupcakes (I got an even 12) / 350 degree oven 2-3 apples, granny smith 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 teaspoon ginger 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (I used clove- I was out of nutmeg) 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 large eggs 1/2 cup oil 1/4 cup apple juice 1 teaspoon vanilla 1. Rinse and core the apples. Place them on an ovenproof pan or baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until soft. 2. Remove the apples from the oven, let cool slightly, then rem

Frozen Yogurt Bites

Want an easy, healthy snack that takes literally minutes to prepare that even the kiddo's will enjoy? Look no further! Frozen Yogurt Bites What you need: wax paper  cookie sheet  1 single serving-size pkg of your favorite yogurt (I used lite blackberry)  1 ziploc sandwich bag  lite blackberry yogurt Step 1: Cut and line your cookie sheet with wax paper (splash drops of water on pan if paper won't stay) Step 2: Empty the yogurt cup into the ziploc baggie and seal Step 3: Snip a hole in a bottom corner Step 4: Dot your cookie sheet with yogurt!  You don't have to be fancy,  or put them in a straight line- unless you want to.  They're not going to change in height or size,  and they won't run into each other either, so your choice! Step 5: Pop them in the freezer... and WAAAAAIIIIIIIITTTTT !!!!! I know. Waiting is a pain. But, all if good time, you will see- it's worth the