Skip to main content

Homemade Dill Butter

This weekend, I was so excited to hang out with my tiny munchkin-girl. I wanted to take her to the local Easter Egg Hunt.  Well, at the last minute, I found out we had to pre-register and have tickets, blah, blah, blah... We weren't going. I was super bummed out, and I didn't want to let my sweet little one down.  So,  I came up with a few ideas to celebrate our easter.

Munchkin's Dill Butter
Munchkin's Easter Dill Butter 

I had some heavy whipping cream, and decided that we would shake our way to some yummy homemade butter!  She seemed totally thrilled with the idea, and we chose to flavor our butter with freshly dried Dill from the herb garden last year.

She was so excited!
I poured a half a jar of cream, and a pinch of salt. I poured about 3/4 cups of cream in a larger container with about 1/4 tsp of salt for this mama to shake as well!

She added her own Dill
She had a blast shaking her cream into butter!

Mama's fresh butter- she had to have a taste!
I think she approves! She wanted more and more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

perfection...

This morning, I took the Broiled Grapefruit Slices from yesterday that we didn't eat, removed the rind, and tossed them in a bowl, crumbing Danish Blue Cheese over them. Literally- O.M.G. SO.GOOD. Iheartgrapefruit.

Cupcake Poll!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

For my next cupcake experience, I'm having a HARD TIME CHOOSING between these 4 cuppers. You will see why. I'm totally feeling "fall-ish", and these cuppers have my taste buds reeling, so I'm enlisting your help. Which of the following do you think I should try? #1. Chocolate Chai Spice Cupcake #2. Fresh Pumpkin Cupcakes With White Chocolate Chunks And Cream Cheese Frosting #3. Caramel Apple Cupcakes #4. S’mores Cupcakes Can't wait to hear your choices!

Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes w/ Browned Butter Icing

Recipes: Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes Topping: 1c. brown sugar, 1/2 c. butter, 24 pineapple chunks Cake:  1-2/3 c. flour, 3/4 t. vanilla, 1T. nutmeg 3/4 t. b. powder, 1/2 t. salt, 1-3/4 c. sugar, 1 c. Butter Crisco, 4 eggs, 3/4 c. sour cream, 1 T. cinnamon 1T. ground cloves Topping: melt in small saucepan brown sugar & butter till dissolved & bubbly. spoon small amt. into cupcake liners and place 1 pineapple in center of liner. Preheat oven to 350 F° Mix cake together and spoon batter into liners almost full. Bake about 1 hour or till toothpick comes out clean. *option- dip tops in icing recipe below MAKE DOUBLE BATCH OF ICING!!! Browned Butter Icing 1/2 c. butter 1-1/2 t. vanilla 3 c. confectioners sugar 2-6T milk Heat butter in saucepan over med. heat till light brown color. Stir in c. sugar 1 cup at a time w/ vanilla & milk till desired consistency. Beat till smooth & spreadable. Spread on cuppies while still quite warm. y...