Skip to main content

Broiled Grapefruit Slices

I LOVE grapefruit. The smell, the taste- I am joyfully obsessed with this luscious, juicy fruit.
I recently came across the idea to broil a grapefruit, and I immediately had to try it.

I'm not one to flinch from brown sugar and butter, but I am trying to promote healthier eating in my life, so I thought why not try a little experimenting?
beautifully broiled


Broiled Grapefruit Slices
Healthy Style

  • 1-2 Grapefruits (I used 1-Ruby Red, and 1-Marsh Grapefruit)
  • Vanilla Powder
  • Chinese Five Spice
  • 1 pkg Stevia Sweetner


After I set my oven on Broil, 
and moved my oven rack to the closest position to the broiler...

I started by cutting the fruit in half, and placed them in
my lovely Emile Henry 9x9 square baking dish.


Sprinkled on Vanilla Powder, Chinese Five Spice and Stevia

I popped them into the oven under the broiler for 6 minutes.


BEAUTIFUL!!!! And taste delicious, BUT......


I wanted to taste the spices on ALL of the grapefruit, 
not just the tops.

Sooo....
I sliced off the broiled ends, 
and sliced the halves into additional slices


placed on an un-greased cookie sheet
and added vanilla, spices and Stevia


and placed under the broiler for 6 minutes!

The results......AMAZING!!!!!

The warm grapefruit is so beautiful to taste!  Plus, the Chinese Five Spice has this perfect way of adding such a bold vibrance to the flavors of the grapefruit- it's perfection.

If you'd like to do this the brown sugar and butter way, please visit Megan's blog: Running Foodie
and see her yummy recipe that I adapted this version from.

As well as eating this beautiful treat on it's own, I'm thinking of using it as a salad topping in place of mandarin oranges! YUM!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

perfection...

This morning, I took the Broiled Grapefruit Slices from yesterday that we didn't eat, removed the rind, and tossed them in a bowl, crumbing Danish Blue Cheese over them. Literally- O.M.G. SO.GOOD. Iheartgrapefruit.

Cupcake Poll!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

For my next cupcake experience, I'm having a HARD TIME CHOOSING between these 4 cuppers. You will see why. I'm totally feeling "fall-ish", and these cuppers have my taste buds reeling, so I'm enlisting your help. Which of the following do you think I should try? #1. Chocolate Chai Spice Cupcake #2. Fresh Pumpkin Cupcakes With White Chocolate Chunks And Cream Cheese Frosting #3. Caramel Apple Cupcakes #4. S’mores Cupcakes Can't wait to hear your choices!

Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes w/ Browned Butter Icing

Recipes: Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes Topping: 1c. brown sugar, 1/2 c. butter, 24 pineapple chunks Cake:  1-2/3 c. flour, 3/4 t. vanilla, 1T. nutmeg 3/4 t. b. powder, 1/2 t. salt, 1-3/4 c. sugar, 1 c. Butter Crisco, 4 eggs, 3/4 c. sour cream, 1 T. cinnamon 1T. ground cloves Topping: melt in small saucepan brown sugar & butter till dissolved & bubbly. spoon small amt. into cupcake liners and place 1 pineapple in center of liner. Preheat oven to 350 F° Mix cake together and spoon batter into liners almost full. Bake about 1 hour or till toothpick comes out clean. *option- dip tops in icing recipe below MAKE DOUBLE BATCH OF ICING!!! Browned Butter Icing 1/2 c. butter 1-1/2 t. vanilla 3 c. confectioners sugar 2-6T milk Heat butter in saucepan over med. heat till light brown color. Stir in c. sugar 1 cup at a time w/ vanilla & milk till desired consistency. Beat till smooth & spreadable. Spread on cuppies while still quite warm. y...