Skip to main content

Chocolate Sponge Bread

Just out of the oven!



This is an amazing sweet bread. What's more amazing: it's sugar and fat free.
It's completely delicious! Little surprise... it uses red beet puree!
Don't snub your noses yet... wait till you see how beautiful the batter is!

RECIPE: Chocolate Sponge Bread

  • 3 eggs
  • 1-1/2 cups of Splenda (you can use 3/4 cups is you prefer a less sweet bread)
  • 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
  • 1-1/2 cups of Red Beet Puree
  • 2 Tbsp Hershey's Cocoa Powder
  • 1-1/3 cups of All Purpose Flour
  • 1-1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
  • 1 tsp of Salt
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla


Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees, fahrenheit. 
Beat eggs, splenda, applesauce, beets and cocoa till blended.  Add dry ingredients with vanilla and mix till smooth.
Grease a 9x5 loaf pan, and bake for 1 hour.

beautiful magenta-colored batter
baked and chocolatey with a slight hue of pink


It's really, VERY good, and I hope you'll try it out!
paired with Creamy Marscapone Citrus Red Beet Iced Mousse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

perfection...

This morning, I took the Broiled Grapefruit Slices from yesterday that we didn't eat, removed the rind, and tossed them in a bowl, crumbing Danish Blue Cheese over them. Literally- O.M.G. SO.GOOD. Iheartgrapefruit.

Cupcake Poll!!! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

For my next cupcake experience, I'm having a HARD TIME CHOOSING between these 4 cuppers. You will see why. I'm totally feeling "fall-ish", and these cuppers have my taste buds reeling, so I'm enlisting your help. Which of the following do you think I should try? #1. Chocolate Chai Spice Cupcake #2. Fresh Pumpkin Cupcakes With White Chocolate Chunks And Cream Cheese Frosting #3. Caramel Apple Cupcakes #4. S’mores Cupcakes Can't wait to hear your choices!

Caramel Apple Goodness

OK, so, I made the Caramel Apple Cupcakes today and while they were REALLY good, I felt there could be some major changes to absolutely perfect this one. (see notes at the bottom) *Be sure to bake, cool, and stuff the cupcakes before starting the caramel. You want the cupcakes ready and waiting as soon as the caramel comes off the stove.  *Please note that you will need a candy thermometer for this recipe! Caramel Apple Cupcakes                          The Cupcake... 9 regular cupcakes (I got an even 12) / 350 degree oven 2-3 apples, granny smith 2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 teaspoon ginger 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (I used clove- I was out of nutmeg) 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 large eggs 1/2 cup oil 1/4 cup apple juice 1 teaspoon vanilla 1. Rinse and core the apples. Place them on an ovenproof...